Even we of the primal-set aren’t so austere that we don’t enjoy a good dessert every now and again. This one is easy, delicious, and makes a delicious iced cream substitute. (In fact, this recipe might even be considered… vegan!) Basically, it’s an easy iced cream analog that takes almost no time to make up and is tasty, wonderful, and about as simple as you can get. Without further ado, here is the LONG list of ingredients:
- 1 14 oz can of Coconut milk
- 14oz of FROZEN fruit (we generally use berries, but you could theoretically use any fruits – besides, berries are more primal-friendly, right?;)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (or to taste. I think that 3 tablespoons isn’t too sweet, but less wouldn’t have been horrible, either).
That’s it. Now for the instructions…
- Scoop the coconut milk into a food processor, and blend until no longer lumpy.
- Throw in your frozen berries.
- Add your honey.
- Blend until everything is smooth and the consistency of iced cream.
And that’s it! It’ll be soft, but it’s ready to eat right now. If you want, you can drop it into a bowl and throw it in the fridge to set up further. I’m not sure on how long it will keep in the freezer, but it won’t last long!
Other thoughts I’ve had regarding this treat:
- Blend then freeze (in an ice cube tray) a can worth of coconut milk. Prepare as above, substituting the frozen coconut milk for the fruit. Add in vanilla to taste.
- Follow the above steps, but add dark chocolate instead.
Good luck, and remember: it’s about having fun and getting in the kitchen and trying things out!